Dec 30, 2011

Loving Friday: "We accept the love we think we deserve"

As promised ladies...  On today' s Loving Friday , we will talk about  "We accept the love we think we deserve ". I read the quote in "The Perks of being a Wallflower" - a coming of age book by Stephen Chbosky . A quote that struck me at heart and deliver me to another affirmation.
Rather than phrasing a long paragraph... Why don't we have a look on these brief samples:

ps: I should warn you this can be a little knife-like. If you have a feeling you will not going to like what I am about to say, you can skip this page. But this is something that a woman should not keep quiet about and I hope this way is decent enough....

If you think it is alright for your partner to abuse you with his words, far worse... hit  you, lay his hands on you and make you feel you are not worth his respect, I have to use this chance to let you know that you are wrong. 
You think that is how a relationship is supposed to be or that you deserve it. You do not.
I am sorry, and I know your pain. Let me know how I can be of help, because there is no shame in saying so.

If you let the relationship change you to become someone that you are not.... it is probably because you do not really know who you really are yet, so you get carried away and try to re assure that this is just a phase that you need to go through. It's okay, I have been there. But self exploring is something we owe to self and not anyone else. Keep walking.

I am nowhere near perfection but fitted enough to share because I speak by a bittersweet truth I have experienced from a thing or two out of the scenario above. With a massive courage, I also have to get through a severe pain before being able to save myself.  I know what I am worth. Know what I deserve. 

Truth is, it took me a while to be able to gather myself and speak this up, with only one humble intention, I have to let you know  : No one... nothing... should stop you from getting the love that you deserve. 

Too hard and too  impossible for you? I know, I probably will need to read this for myself if I ever be in a similar situation again. But, remember one more thing... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...