Nov 23, 2011

The Perks of being a Wallflower

I have mentioned before that I am easily attracted to a legally challenged book  . And this book is one of them. From page 1 , I know for sure this is going to be a book I am going to read over and over again. The one that will make me feel like I lost a friend when I read the last page. A book with a character so strong I feel like I want to trade souls for a while. Despite the fact that my fave quote form the book might misguide you on the general idea, be reminded that this is NOT a love story.
" We accept the Love we think we deserve"  ( Wait for some serious posting based on this subject, please )

I’ve read quite a few coming of age novels. Whilst reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower I was reminded of The Catcher in the Rye  (J.D. Salinger). The Perks of Being a Wallflower wasn’t as astounding as Salinger's masterpiece, but it held up surprisingly poignant and somewhat mind blowing.
One of the things that I liked most about The Perks of Being a Wallflower was that it referenced other books. Throughout the story, Charlie’s English teacher, Bill, gives him books to read, such as: To Kill a Mockingbird (oh one of my most fave ever) and On the Road (looking for it). More than 10 classic books are mentioned in this book, and they are auto-piloting me to do another book research. Ha!

The writer; Stephen Schbosky also directed the movie under the same title. Well, I am the type who always believe that  "The book is better" , but will not regret the chance to see the movie anyhow.

The Perks of being a Wallflower



My fave line from the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...