Feb 7, 2012

Charles Dickens Bicentenary Day: 7 February

On this day, 7th February 2012, institutions and organizations from all over the world are commemorating this very special anniversary in honor of Charles Dickens .
Was Dickens part of your childhood? I read Oliver Twist, The Christmas Carol, A Tale of Two Cities and ... my favorite: Nicholas Nickelby! 
I did not read them over and over again like what I used to do to Lindgren's book, but none of the books from Dickens can be considered as an average. They stick in your mind forever, freaks you out to a certain period of time and to this day, and, get me all curious about England.
I would love to see a play of any of Dickens' work. Hopefully sooner than I thought!

Below pictures from Penguin Classics Clothbound series make me want to read all of Dickens' work again :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...