Feb 5, 2012

Inspiration Sunday: Lesson from a simple regret

I have learned not to regret things. Be it a life decisions or a smaller case like a purchase. But I bought this book last month; LIFE: 100 Photographs that Changed the World and I regret it big time. Not because of the price or quality or anything like that, the book is actually great! But simply because it's a record of how the world is so full of awful things and loaded with heartless people. 
Kudos to all the magnificent and brave photographers' work featured in the book though... they did make a significant change. But I just can not take another look of it. I am that person who would switch the TV off when it comes to a sad breaking news. This is a habit I picked up since high school and my late Grandpa once said " Good luck in facing the world out there, you naive girl living in denial" (Ha! I made it this far Grandpa:))
The pictures in the book are vivid, haunting, poignant, striking and speaks nothing but the truth. Mostly about war, chaos, and tragedy.  Source of pain: Politic. An area where my understanding is close to zero. And though it might sound silly; I am thankful for that.
Now I am inspired to imagine my life being photographed by a higher force up there and all I need to do is making sure I can make even the slightest change to the world. Maybe not the whole world, but around me. I still have faith that the world can be a better place (which starts within selves) and hope you are on my side.

Romans 12: 2 : Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...