Jun 26, 2011

Letting go-online

Do you have a deceased friend(s) on facebook or on any other social media account? I used too keep those accounts of the deceased stays on my friend(s) list. Just for the aching pleasure of enlivening the memory it holds, whenever I want to.
But then I realize, what is the ( f word)  use out of it? I do not need to have someone who’s never going to respond to any of my comments; someone who’s never going to celebrate another birthday, liking my status or pictures ever again.
Simply,  because there's no one at the other end of this so called virtual connection. So, I deleted, removed, un-friend the deceased. I couldn't do it instantly, truth be told. There are some people that are so dear to my heart that I feel like I need to hold on to the documented chronicle for a little while. Even though I know I have no obligations whatsoever to write on their walls just to say I miss them every once in a while, sending virtual birthday gimmick, or be part of their irritating on-line games.
Now... Whenever I am reminded of them, I can share the feeling with ones living and also having the closest memory with the late.Like I said, not that easy. From all the passed on relatives, friends I have in my social media account, I still have a few of them on the connection list. It is far much easier to delete those people who keeps updating negativity, provocative comments! Seriously. Trust me, I do this cleaning up occasionally.
How about you? You have trouble letting go online? I can understand... Even we know by heart...No one is going to answer us. No one is on the other line.

Image credit unknown



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...