Jun 25, 2011

Believe it or Not ; Family

What is " family " to you ? Blood related people? People affiliated by consanguinity, affinity, or co-residence? Long time well-known relatives?
One thing that is considered as one of my greatest blessings is that the "blood related" version of my extended family is astoundingly close and fun. We stick up with each other no matter what. That leads to another blessing; most of my best friends are also close to my parents, grandparents, even uncles and aunts, not to exclude the long line of cousins, firsts and seconds.
However, despite the never ending hustle of birthday celebrations, grad days, firsts communions, births and many other milestones- my idea of a family is simple. They are those who you get to chose, to stay in your heart.  That's all. So the answer for me is YES. I am a die hard- big time- freakin' believer of Family.

My grandmother on her 75th birthday. with grandchildren and a great grandson. Sadly I couldn't attend the party, but grandma is wearing my kebaya and my songket (traditional handwoven sarong from Sumatra) here in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...