Jan 22, 2012

Read them fairy tales

I am no physician, doctor, nor a banker. But I somehow feel content in my imperfection, knowledge, skills and just a perfect amount of foolishness in me. So yes, I think we can be a bit abstract here in defining what intelligence means. 

Not too sure if I can relate this quote to my childhood but I always treasure the memory of my sweet late grandfather's voice when he read The Little Mermaid, The Little Match Girl, Red Riding Hood, Timun Mas, Bawang Putih Bawang Merah and many more... (the last two are Indonesian classic)

Maybe, fairy tales get your mind to travel above and beyond your understanding, maybe it enables you to set the craziest expectations in life, maybe it forces you to phrase a distinguished wisdom or simply orchestrate a sweet little detail about your future. Maybe. 
Tho' in my case it is a yes, yes and yes. Ha!

You know... there is this part of me that refuses to grow up (I am thankful for that resentful act of heart and crazy idea in my head anyway)

Looking back to the little girl in me once in a while is one of the most powerful force I can use whenever I feel like I need a jump-start in this so called adulthood drama. And fairy tales are part of it ...

Your parents read you fairy tales when you were little? You read that to your children now? What is your favorite? What are theirs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...