Jan 26, 2012

Delicate

My favorite song from Damien Rice? Delicate! And yes I like it even better than The Blower's Daughter. I do have a reason why :)

To me, the song has two faces. You are feeling both love and pain at the same time. You are kissing whilst streaming tears. You are holding something so strong as you also really want to let it go. 
I also love a song with an unresolved ending. It makes you wonder with as many possible scenario there is. I think lyrics of songs and poetry are supposed to be like that :)
Hope you like it. Try not to get carried away with a severe despair that Damien is roaring as he sings it! 
Good night.

We might kiss when we are alone/ When nobody's watching/ We might take it home/ We might make out when nobody's there/ It's not that we're scared/ It's just that it's delicate
So why do you fill my sorrow/ With the words you've borrowed/ From the only place you've know
And why do you sing Hallelujah/ If it means nothing to you/ Why do you sing with me at all?
We might live like never before/ When there's nothing to give/ Well how can we ask for more/ We might make love in some sacred place/ The look on your face is delicate.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...