Jan 25, 2012

Choosing your reason to laugh

So you and I both have heard about this tragedy. Truth be  told: I was being reluctant to hear all the updates since bad and raging comments have gone viral.
Happened a few days ago in Jakarta, an under drugs driver and friends drove their car in a full speed, crashing 8  pedestrians over the sidewalk. Send them all to a sudden death. 8 lives. It was a bright sunny day. That day.
 
Facebook status updates, broadcast messages and twitter time line seems to erupt with sympathy and encouraging words... But, it also mounting up with anger, curses, and the worst thing of all... jokes. Both in words and far too creative pictures that are beyond mean and loathsome.
Sickening indeed.

My sense of humor is somewhat dry if not dark. But when it comes to other people's misery in real life... oh sweethearts, I zip my mouth. Zipped.
Other people's anguish is never my reason to laugh. 
It is not my kind of comedy.

As much as as it breaks my heart, as much as it disgusts me to know that the driver was actually driving -high on drugs- out from a drugs party (whatever they name that)...  I know that hateful swearing will not going to undo the accident. No families of the deceased will  ever be healed by it.

With all my modest knowledge, unlimited faith... I trust the law will handle this with all their legal force and in all fairness.
I'd rather be hopeful in my silence than destructive in my own words.
Pray so that hearts with lost ones will found strength to carry on. Somehow it helps me to feel thankful for life too.
If you cannot wish the villain a well gained experience for them to repent... stop right there. Not all issues are in line, awaiting our judgment. The world is heavy enough with bad karma and hatred. Let us not partake.

So excuse me if I have to be this blunt. Excuse me for declining that funny picture about the accident you sent earlier, or  for deleting the catchy "funny"phrase you managed to find. 
Excuse me for not responding to comments and jokes about this that you shared all across every channel.
Knowing what to say is a good thing. But understanding what not to say... is admirable. Is an absolute sign that your heart is as gigantic as your broaden mind.
There are still many other ways to laugh... 

Marigold: Symbol of pain and grieve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...