Jan 4, 2012

Little Bird-Lisa Hannigan

Told you I adore her music...and her haunting haunting voice. This one song in particular get me shivers with its lyrics. One perfect song to end this gloomy day. Goodnight love.

Your heart sings like a kettle/ And your words, they boil away like steam/ And a lie burns long while the truth bites quick/ A heart is built for both it seems/ You are lonely as a church,
Despite the queuing out your door/ I am empty as a promise, no more.
When the time comes/ And rights have been read/ I think of you often/ But for once I meant what I said/ I was salted by your hunger/ Now you've gone and lost your appetite/ And a little bird is every bit as handy in a fight/ I am lonely as a memory/ Despite the gathering round the fire/ Aren't you every bird on every wire?/ Here I stay, I lay me down/ I'm dug from the rubble, and cut from the kill/ Here I stay, I lay me down/ In a house by the Hill/ I'm dug from the rubble, and cut from the kill/ I'm dug from the rubble, and cut from the kill.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...