Jul 6, 2011

Trials and Tribulations

A long and deep conversation with a best friend (tho’ by text or other messenger tools) always end up with me getting new insight. And I like that. Yesterday, I had a chance to talk over a messenger with my best friend of more than 15 years. It is very comforting yet easy to be able to jump into even the hardest topic when you are that close. Ice breaker is out of the question.
So we talked about how relationships can be overwhelmingly exhausting. She was in a destructive relationship for about 7 years in the past and now in love with a very decent man for 4 years. I must say, I love seeing how happy she is now.
Then this question comes up. Is the wedding bell will be ringing soon? Oh how I understands that she has been longing for it. Then double T; trials and tribulations– as always- find their way to push people right in the corner of doubt and hesitation. I have to disagree when she refers the 7 years was a trial given by God. As the scripture says (James 1:13-14) 13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. 14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.
She knew that man is not her future (for many reasons that I cannot share here), but yet, desire led her to get the idea and misinterpret all the hardships as God’s tests. I cannot tell you how "not so" secretly relieved I am when they broke up .
I am no perfection; I can say this out loud simply because I have been there.

On the relationship she is now having, I believe that God is folding her and him into perfection in God’s eyes. They both are in love and want the same godly things, they involved God since the very beginning of their bond, they move on form the past, being honest about each other’s fears and open about each others dreams.
So, girl, do not stop now. By experience I can say that wedding bell is not the final answer. Think of something beyond, dream about your grandchildren, dream about your retirement vacation where you will be sending postcards from Jerusalem, mesmerize about how you are going to tell bible stories for your great grandchildren. Wedding is just a big milestone. It is not the last destination.
We are meant to walk further and becoming a more beautifully formed being in His eyes. I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine. Ephesians 3:20 

Dear best-friend of 15 years...Whatever the doubt you are having, no matter how big your question is... God is standing there at the end of the long winding road with an absolute answer.  All you need to do is unload the heaviness inside you to His throne. So go ahead and do that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...