Jul 12, 2011

Great News!

Have you met my sister Detri ? The cute, funny girl with a megawatt smile?  Well, this post is to dedicated to her and to share a happy news as she is now busy preparing her ... wedding! Yes, she will tie the knot with her boyfriend of 4 years, in November this year. The wedding will take place in our late Dad's hometown, Siborong-Borong - North Sumatra! How excitingly crazy is that? If you think wedding reception preparation is pain, then a traditional Batak ceremony is like 5 times more complicated :))... But of course it's good to still carry what we inherit from the ancestors.
My Mom is of course on cloud 9 with this plan and we have been praying with an aching but happy heart ever since. We have never been there since decades ago. Well, I do not want to make this about the whole family so I will stop talking about the hometown now.
It was not an easy road for the bride and groom to be. They have to overcome differences and struggle with adjustments like any other couple. Her boyfriend, Oki Leonardus- is a very quite and introvert person and Detri is anything but those two! But somehow, no matter how I can be so skeptical about the power of Love, now I admit that  it can win :). Love, I mean :)
I wish you all the love in the world sis!

Detri and Oki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...