Oct 17, 2011

Impulsive trip

I needed an OFF time. It has been a one heck of a month and it actually is still ongoing. My sister's wedding is in 5 weeks. A big event from work is in 3 weeks. I will travel a lot next month. Nothing for a "holiday".
So, I took a quick getaway last Sunday. Morning flight to Singapore and the last flight back home to Bali (on the same day). I surprised my best friend who lives there, luncheon with people I love (who flew in to Singapore too for that day), did a lil shopping. Hmm... maybe not that little. I went a little crazy. Have to admit, a retail therapy works on every level. One solid tip, do not charge it to you credit card. Cash! Hahaha :))
All beat and weary when I reached my loft in Bali but it was worth it. A breeze of energy was infused to me and I think I have what it takes for the rest of the coming busy period.
Don't get me wrong. I am no socialite. I do not have the luxury of having a rich parents  or inherit a huge amount of money. So, this kind of trip will not going to happen a lot :p, except for business trip. But, I believe that a person deserves to splurge into this kind of impulsive act once in a while. For as long as you are not hurting other people, not causing harm- why not?
Honestly, this was one of the most impulsive thing I have ever done, next to going for a backpackers trip to Lombok back when I was still in college. Ha! See how not so adventurous I am?
The best thing about the short trip? A chance to see my loved one(s). To know that my best friend is doing good no matter how hard life has been for her in the city. And, on a more "shallow and superficial" note ; I got the most wanted hand bag from H&M! *happy happy face.
Suckling pig taking its toll: An obvious forming of chubby cheeks :))

I like you! You are classic and also not expensive ;)

3 comments:

  1. What you bought from H&M, make me more determined to pay visit the store :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi spicey ;)! yes indeed. Only 59sgd ... and u got the look for centuries hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mission failed due to the tight schedule and how crowded the place was :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...