Sep 3, 2011

Money, Money, Money

Now let us talk about money! No, I am no banker- or anyone you can look up to for a financial solution. I am a rookie here and love to share things I believe can do us good. Aside from the household and financial responsibility, I splurge a lot on books, clothes and food. I enjoy life to the fullest, but I know when to hit the brake- that is way before you are out of gasoline. Here's a thing or two I think most of us can practice;  The rule of thumb from certified financial planner Nancy Langdon Jones is to keep enough in savings to weather six months. If that is not possible for you (and I .. ahem), instead, as advised-  keep a SWAN account—sleep well at night. Sounds nice, doesn’t it? Even if you have high credit card bills ( proudly not talking to myself here), you need an emergency account. Another lesson I read before; The very wealthy live below their means. Don’t spend everything. Don’t mortgage yourself up to the eyeballs. Find an apartment that meets your needs while also keeping you comfortable. Firstapartmentguide.com suggests that no more than 30% of your gross income should go towards rent and utilities. If you need to, share an apartment. Keep a cushion in case you lose some income *knock on wood.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...