Aug 10, 2011

Go green much?

I had a one shot of wheat-grass juice this morning. Don't ask me about the taste- though I now know what it is like to be a herbivore ( I guess). My dear... How "expensive" that is to start on a healthy lifestyle. As an individual, I practice a more environmental friendly life style in my day to day chores. Minimize the use of plastic bag, bottled water, etc. But to apply that on my diet ? Err...
Wheat-grass contains up of 70% chlorophyll which is the component that makes plants green. The most expected effect from the green drink is ; blood purification, digestion improvement, aid in prevention of cancer (due to its carcinogen and toxin neutralizing abilities) and also; detox! A nice to know fact: a 2 ounce of fresh juice equals 3 pounds of organic vegetables in vitamins and minerals.
I eat pretty much whatever I like, red meat? Yes. Carbo? Yes. Sugar? Darn it, yes. So, I am not sure if I can start consuming this so called healthy beverage everyday. I really don't. The after taste is just too strong.
But I do want to be healthy tho' so if anyone can help with a simple beverage recipe thus I can mix it up with an orange or something less grassy?

find the benefits of consuming wheat-grass

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...