Aug 8, 2011

Awesome Monday: Awesome People Hanging Out Together; Warhol and Hitchcock

Happy Monday. Welcome to our Awesome Monday, a post series inspired by this tumblr :)
Now, we are seeing the legendary Andy Warhol and Alfred Hitchcock. I used to be a big fan of Hitchcock- eeerrrr.... because My late Grandad (from my late Dad's side) named Alfred. Alfred Hutasoit, of course- not Hitchcock. Not quite a good reason to read the Three Investigators series but somehow, that is why I did so. Silly huh? And as if that was not silly enough, I also read all... I typed... All of Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale because my late Grandad (from My Mom's side) named Andersen Simanjuntak. Go ahead and laugh at me. They were teachers (both of my Ompung Doli *grandad in Batak languange). So they were a very literate, soft-spoken, broaden minded being with good access to the school's library. My source of never-ending treasure.
I never heard the name of Warhol before I got into college and start having this roaring interests in art and making friends with students from the art and design faculty. So that's that. I think the background pretty much sums up the reason why I am posting this image.

Warhol and Hitchcock both started out as illustrators. Warhol had started his career working as a commercial illustrator, Hitchcock had started out creating illustrations for title cards in silent movies. Of course Andy and Alfred where also both film directors.
The picture of Warhol interviews Hitchcock was taken not long after both filmmakers were given new Polaroid Super mm film cameras to shoot footage for use in planned Polaroid commercials . 
Read the interview here
Andy Warhol interviews Alfred Hitchcock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...