May 15, 2011

A Cute little Old Story of a Broken Heart

Most of the people I know in life understand that I had a really close relationship with my Dad. It has been years since he passed on to Heaven, and I don't think there will ever be a day that I can go through without thinking about him. Not in a sad memoirs but in love and honor. Our relationship was more like two friends from different generations -not trying to make it work but it did. We talked about everything. One thing that I know for sure I can treasure to be a parameter of knowing how close we were is that I happen to know his "broken hearted" story! 

Yes, a cute little story from back when he was in Junior high- he fell for this girl, wrote the girl a love letter and got a total rejection. We were sitting in our dinning room- I  remember vaguely- and he actually made this cute expression when pouring the story to me- his oldest daughter. He was so broken hearted ... The 13 years old self of my Dad actually cried because of this girl...:(( .
It was his first crush.
I remember saying that I am actually happy that the girl turned him down; because he then met my Mother (well years and years after), the love of his life. 

Well, I don't know if many of people can get to know some little facts about their parents. If you do, consider yourself blessed. If not, why not finding out now? Do you know how your parents met? Their favorite date? Who cried at their wedding?

This post is just to celebrate that today; I am reminded of my Dad with a fond and graceful heart.
Bapak, Luther Hutasoit, 1973

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...