May 26, 2011

S#*! My Dad Says

S#*! My Dad Says ? The title has nothing to do with my Dad. But yes this book hypnotized me. What?... another post about book? Call me bookish! I am juggling 2 books at the same time because I cant decide which one to go first! They are both too interesting. This one is hilarious and real as it is edgy and somehow like a brilliant idea. It actually came out from this twitter account! Almost one million people follow Mr Halpern’s philosophical musings every day on Twitter, and in this book, his son weaves a brilliantly funny, touching coming-of-age memoir around the best of his sayings. What emerges is a chaotic, hilarious, true portrait of a father and son relationship from a major new comic voice. As Justin says at one point, his dad is ‘like Socrates, but angrier, and with worse hair’; and this is the sort of sh*t he says..like: " You worry too much. Eat some bacon...What? No, I got no idea if it'll make you feel better, I just made too much bacon." OR " The baby will talk when he talks, relax. It ain't like he knows the cure for cancer and just ain't spitting it out."AND " I don't give a shit what time you get home, just don't wake me up. That's your curfew: not waking me up."

Well, whether or not your Dad is quite the "character" , this book is a worth the treasure. 



The Halpern boys with their father in 1983



All images from amazon .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...