Apr 8, 2011

Courage

courage.jpg
photo by Aaron Thompson
Courage is enduring the unendurable with dignity. There are a thousand inspiring quotes and words about courage. But this one picture says it better than I could ever hope for.



Marine Staff Sergeant Marcus "Marc" Golczynski, was killed in Iraq on March 27, 2007. At his funeral in Lewisburg, Tennessee on April 4th, Daily News Journal photographer Aaron Thompson captured Marc Golczynski’s teary-eyed son, 8-year-old Christian, accepting his father's casket flag from Marine Lieutenant Colonel Ric Thompson.

I see a brave young kid in Christian's teary eyes. I see how much he needs to carry- losing someone whom he look up to as a hero.
And that is true, because later on I learn that Christian claims he wants to be a marine soldier when he grow up. Just like his father. Amen.

That, my friend, is a one big portrait of what we know as courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...