Mar 8, 2014

International Women's Day

Oh how I have been saying this phrase in countless of times: I love being a woman! And I really do. I enjoy the confusions, the struggle to understand men and the long winding road to simplify things, the so-called menstrual crams, the power to be independent yet at the same time having the freedom to cling  to someone when you feel like you need to, the freedom to choose (or not), the make-ups, shoes, hand bags,... oh hand bags !

But of course most of all... I love what many legendary women before me has brought into this world. I was raised in a society that "already" allows women to be as equal, to be able to speak up and to decide. I love how choices for us are now so many and it does not make us respect men any less (I respect and adore you as always, Adams!).

So to honor to the day of feminism, here are some ways to celebrate:


  • Learn more about International Women's Day
  • Sponsor other sister(s) out there through UniFem.
  • Have an easy, chill-out ladies' night out. Or a wild one.
  • Order three desserts. And actually finish them.
  • No make-up... or Doll up!
  • Have a lot of sex with your lover. You lead.
  • Share this post of beautiful... I repeat.. beautiful photos about how we should look at Women today.
  • Buthat bag.
  • Support a child.


And the most important thing: Be even more thankful, respect your man, love your family... and be the woman you intended to be:)

One gift for you: Re-posting one cute poetry from "One Angry Girl"


I am not a feminist, But...
I am not a feminist, but I appreciate the right to help choose my government representatives.  
I enjoy the option of wearing pants or shorts if I want.
I’m pleased that I was allowed to learn to read and write. It can be very convenient to control how many babies I want to have.
It’s awfully useful to be able to open a bank account and own property in my name.
I like knowing that my husband or boyfriend cannot legally beat me.
It’s really swell to keep the money that I earn.


Bottom picture is my fave from Women today :


Women today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...