I am in no mood to phrase a long paragraph and I am running out of coffee too..., a potion that gets me to write better. So I will save your time and just jot these down where you are free to either agree or disagree.
Ideas about Feminism from a decaffeinated -sober woman.
- A continuous journey that I might have learned at first from Simone's The Second Sex, and strengthened by Eve Ensler's Vagina Monologue, and intrigued by those Barbie dolls I never had.
- Not merely about making choices of your own, but to stand up for them even when you can be rest assured that no one got your back.
- Admitting that at one point, one summer, one new year's eve... one day... maybe, a man (yes, that masculine icon) can caught you off guard. And, you might fall in and out of love, girl.
- To crave for sex. And knowing you can ask for more.
- To be able to make your man wolfing over that burnt cookies you made as your first (and probably last) baking attempt.
- Keeping your last name. Or changing it because you just want it.
- To say no to sex.
- Asking for help (nicely... and yes, maybe to a man) when you have tried moving heaven and earth and nothing else seems to work.
- Expecting chivalry especially because you are a lady. If you're a rude, heartless woman, well... move aside.
- Not letting failure, mistakes and imperfection make you feel any less of a woman that you are.