Sep 14, 2015

Questioning my unfaithfulness

People keep asking me; Why animal welfare? And for years I tried being diplomatic hiding my real answers: I have a close to zero faith in humanity. 
But today, I am glad to finally question my unfaithfulness when I joined a visit to this school for  children with disability as part of my company's CSR program. Not my very first CSR for sure but you'll see why this made a significant impact. Just from the smallest "incident".


After doing some painting and general cleaning work, I escaped to the classroom with these little fellas; Bayu, Nesi, Fito, and Putu to do some drawings. Them and many more that are not in the frame taught me a lot about overcoming disabilities (Down syndrome, deaf, blind). We think their life is hard but to them, the world is a safe place, people are kind, and God is amazing. I am swelled with the way they told me about their school, the games they love and even crush!


After almost an hour chatting leisurely, Putu (boy on my right) looked me in the eyes and asked the most important question "What color do you think I should use for this roof of the house I am drawing?" As a boring adult, I told him most house roofs are brown. 
I think he was a bit disappointed because he paused before asking me again 
"But, some can be red, right?" He stuttered in all his limitations in speaking. 
"Yes, Putu... Some can be red." I smiled. Trying hard to hide my trembling voice. 

And just at that very moment, I can hear my heart whispering " Yes, Tressabel, some can be kind."
God speed.


ps: If you want to be part of their inspiring journey by sponsoring them, please contact: +62 361 771718



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...