Jul 2, 2023

Timing and everything in between

Us two on a short staycation in Ubud

These days, Yovan and I have been pondering about our plans. Big and small. Those, of course, plans orbit around our stage in life and our age. 
We cannot help but wonder how different things would be if we got together sooner.

So my mind phrased this little note.

If we started this (marriage) earlier, in our 20s at least (when we met!), maybe we'd be arranging more travel plans.
Maybe, there be rarer conversations about back pains, and I'd still have more eggs in me.
How about when we were in our 30's? I think date nights would last longer than 10 pm, and there be fewer blood pressure meds in the cabinet.
But also, maybe. I won't be this vulnerable, and you won't respond to this dynamic as you do today. Maybe, we won't be this content knowing that God is in charge and His sovereignty rules every step of the way.
His timing is everything, even when we have to wait a little longer. His sovereignty rules, mostly when we have to pivot our plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...