Oct 21, 2018

Cut Here

Here's a confession. 
I have made two play lists the last five years of my life and they are:

1. Songs I want to play on my wedding day
2. Songs I want people to play on my funeral

The first list is kind of basic and the second one is downright creepy?

I have been keeping that secret until earlier this month, a good friend and I talked about mental illness and how Mental Health Day allows to raise awareness of mental health issues around the world and mobilizing efforts in support of mental health.  Or simply, to make discussing it a normal thing to do.

"It's real." my friend told me. And I nodded.

It was quite a heavy conversation, and two of us agreed on a few things that shall not be written here. I dove into the conversation talking more about mortality, and how I, too, have visioned my own memorial day. It did not shock her when I said I have made my "Songs I want people to play on my funeral." (she's made her own!), so I went on telling her some of the songs I like. Maybe you want to have a look to.

So, some tunes on my wedding songs list are: 
Be my Baby (The Ronettes), Here comes the sun (The Beatles), God only Knows (The Beach Boys), Fool for love (Lord Huron),  If I fell (the Beatles), Wouldn't it be nice (The Beach Boys).
On a less happier day: Beautiful (India Arie), Iris (Goo goo Dolls), Just Breathe (Pearl Jam), Change the world (Eric Clapton), Love of my life (Queen), Cut Here (The Cure).

There, I said it. 
Well, almost all of it.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...