Oct 6, 2010

On Parenting

Well I am not a momma yet. But I know I want to be one someday. What I understand is that it is not an easy job, no precise right or wrong  on the subject and even a best seller parenting guide, can miss a thing or two. Situation, environment and culture may form a certain template on parenting which can be very different in many places or families. And do not forget educational background too. My upbringing was quite carefree. Yet, it brought us closer and closer when we grow up. Education is top priority. But, not as important as happiness and the pleasure being your very self. Hence, the megawatt smile on my face  and a swell heart whenever I see my siblings and family.
I am not her to pry, or brag about something that I have never entered just yet. I just want to say that I think I learn a value or two watching other families grow, at the same time looking up to my parents and grandparents. By the time my parenthood timing knocks, things maybe very different with the world that I am seeing now. But, these are a few merit I will try as hard as I can.. to apply.
If you are a parents, can you tell me how do you deal and "survive" the force? Can you share me a thing or two?
  • If God allows, the scenario A will be : A boy, another boy and last one a Girl: I will name my first Andersen (Andersen Emmanuel will be best), the second will be Gibran and the girl will be  Kathryn. Yes there are reasons before those names which is not necessary to be publicized.
  • I do not have scenario B.
  • They will call me Ibu, and the father will have to agree on being addressed with Ayah.
  • They will be spoiled with books... Oh yes books. I will be the kind of a mother who read them stories since they were in my tummy. Reading opens your mind, and I want my children to at least absorb that fact since the very beginning. They can decide later whether or not they want to be a bookworm. But for as long as they are living under my roof, they will be choked off with books. I currently am reading for my baby nephew whenever I visit him. He looooveeesss it.
  • When it's raining outside. My kids will not waste their time staring at the clear drops over the window. They will sing and dance under the rain. With me and the father. Oh no, I never believe that dancing in the rain is going to make me sick. Nor my kids. If the sun is shinning bright, I will turn on the sprinkle and lead them to rung through it.
  • I will overuse the saying of I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOU... I LOVE YOU!
  • I will tell them the story, the complete (not the bogus) chronicle of how their father and I have met. However, if I did the first move, I will probably hide that fact from my son.
  • They can paint their room's wall. However they like it. Other rooms; depends on their age. But my room and our home library is out of the question.
  • They will hate me for this but; NO TV in the room. (That's why you can paint the wall)
  • They will spend more time outside of the house, doing mentally and physically challenging activities rather than snuggling up in the room with gadgets. I don't ban them from gadget, they have to adjust with the technology anyway. But there will be a measurement of time on that and the hours spent more will not be in gadget. And, they will be taught on how to love animals, or bugs, .... or, to fall in and out of love.
  • By the time I have to let them go and to live on their own, I will ask them to tell me in the face, If I interfere too much. And promise myself not to get hurt (as much).
  • Repeatedly telling them how amazing God is.
Joseph and I
I will add a few more as time travels. But I will try not to delete or revise... Let's see... Never hurt to practice early right?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...